CONSTRUCT SEARCH ENGINE ON WEBSITE July 2022
- Set up SearXNG search engine on a subdomain on website.
- Deployed Linux Ubuntu instance in the cloud, installed docker and SearXNG.
- Updated DNS settings on the website to ensure functionality.
- Details: https://charleseroop.com/projects/project-search-engine/
UPGRADED USED LAPTOP April 2022
- Purchased used HP EliteBook 8470p Notebook to “tinker” with.
- Successfully upgraded RAM to maximum allowed.
- Installed dual boot with Windows 10 and Kali Linux.
- Troubleshooted multiple OS issues that included corrupted updates and reinstalls.
SETUP, INSTALL NEAR-BARE-BONES 2013 LENOVO THINKSERVER
- Installed older SSD for boot OS
- Installed Ubuntu (Linux distro)
- Also installed secondary SSD to install Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- See post and videos (here and here) for demos.
Certifications and Training
(ISC)2 Certified in Cybersecurity – Earned Feb. 27, 2023. (digital badge)
CompTIA A+ – Earned Jan. 26, 2023 (digital badge)
Google – Google IT Support Certificate – Earned Aug. 10, 2022 (digital badge)
– Included training modules and exams to reinforce skills and assess competence.
Memberships and Affiliations
(ISC)2 Candidate (non-member) – October 2022 – present (digital badge)
Recent Professional Experience
Florida State University — February 2023 – present
IT Support Specialist, Facilities Department
- More to come
WCTV / GRAY TELEVISION — September 2013 – February 2023
Photojournalist (2013-2016), Broadcast and Digital Meteorologist (2017-2023)
- Shot and edited news, weather, and sports video with a reporter or solo using professional-grade Sony cameras and non-linear video editors, and shot live shots using bonded cellular devices from TVU Networks.
- Forecast and delivered the weather on air during the highly-rated weekend morning shows using The Weather Company’s Max system, and filling in for other weather staff when needed.
- Upgraded TWC’s Max computer systems to the latest stable versions, and updating Windows OS workstations with latest security updates.
- Advised news management on news-gathering technologies. This includes recommending tech items to purchase for news and weather departments.
- Worked with IT/Engineering on problems and solutions for the news and weather departments with news-gathering gear and computers.
- Found content, wrote broadcast copy, and edited video for weekly tech news segment.
MASTER OF SCIENCE, 2013
Geoscience (Operational Meteorology)
Mississippi State University
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE, 2010
University of Florida
Associate of arts, 2006
College of Central Florida